Friday, October 30, 2009



Alright, last night I went to Wholefoods to pick up some ground veal, thyme etc... not sure what i was going to do but anyroad, they had no ground veal. Huh. it's veal season, grind that chuck.

So, instead I picked up some ground chicken, thyme, basil, cream, garlic, honey, HDP, rice vinegar, balsamic, tomatoes, black pepper, anchovy paste and some freshly baked baguettes. Tha tis my round about way of roviding the recipé of what was concocted last night.

Heat some oil with Ghee, oh yeh and I acquired some Ghee, garlic pepper and anchovy paste (or salt if yer a ponce). Brown the ground, add thyme and onions, oh yeh, I also acquired some sweet onions or shallots (cue my bro', inside joke) and the basil. Stir until slightly browned. Add the honey, put the oven on three fiddy, chop the tommys, slice the bread and take out most of the dough. Pour the cream in and stir on high for a minute. Turn stovetop off. Let rest. Shlurp wine. Oh yeh, I add wine with the cream. Ten mins later spoon the ingredes into the bread receptacles and top with slices of Fontina cheese, oh yeh... I already had that. Bake in oven for about 20 mins. Eyeball/try to see if more or less.

Anyroad, I did not manage to take a picture of this dish, so here's a pic of a bolognese I did a couple of nights ago.

Cheers, Andre (for today).

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put some crystal meth in your soda pop, and make me a ham sandwich bitch!

    ReplyDelete